13. What is a Xpath?
'/' used to indicate absolute path of an element, majorly when the user knows exact path of an element. Whereas '//' used to indicate relative path of an element, majorly to locate an element from any part of the HTML file.
16. What are the Selenium RC supported languages/client drivers?
Supported languages/client drivers are :
17. Explain the advantages of Selenium
- Open Source
- iUser communities for addressing the issues faced
- Cross browser compatibility
- Multiple platform compatibility
- Supports multiple programming/scripting languages
18. What are the different type of locators used in Selenium
Locators are used to identify elements within a web page, types are listed below :
- CSS Selector
19. What is Selenium Grid?
Selenium Grid allows us to run tests on different machines against different browsers in parallel. Here different machines can be of different OS and supports distributed test execution.
20. What is the Difference between Selenium1 and Selenium2?
Selenium1 is Selenium RC and Selenium2 is Selenium Webdriver, major difference is that the Selenium RC communicates to browser via Server, whereas the Webdriver makes direct calls to browser native support for automation.
21. What are the Browser launch commands used in Webdriver
Following are some major browser related launch commands :
WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver(); //Mozilla
WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(); //Chrome
WebDriver driver = new InternetExplorerDriver(); //Internet Explorer
WebDriver driver = new RemoteWebDriver(); // Grid
WebDriver driver = new HtmlUnitDriver(); //Headless browser
22. List down the Webdriver supported drivers
SeleniumHQ drivers :
Third party drivers :