SQL Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers, Experienced | Database
- Hits: 178020
Frequently asked Database, DBMS and SQL Interview Questions and answers for Freshers and Experienced developers covering topics such as Record, Field, Table, Database Transactions, Locks, Normalization, Foreign Key, Primary Key, Constraints, SQL Commands, Pattern Matching, SQL Joins, Views, Stored procedure, Trigger, Cluster and Non cluster Index. These SQL interview questions covers basic and advanced topics.
SQL Interview Questions and answers on Database Basics1. What is DBMS ?
Database management system is a collection of programs that enables user to store , retrieve , update and delete information from a database.
Relational Database Management system (RDBMS) is a database management system (DBMS) that is based on the relational model . Data from relational database can be accessed or reassembled in many different ways without having to reorganize the database tables . Data from relational database can be accessed using a API , Structured Query Language (SQL)
3. What is SQL ?
Structured Query Language(SQL) is a language designed specifically for communicating with databases. SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard .
4. What are the different type of SQL's?
Frequently asked SQL Interview Questions 1. DDL – Data Definition Language DDL is used to define the structure that holds the data. For example. table 2. DML – Data Manipulation Language
DML is used for manipulation of the data itself. Typical operations are Insert,Delete,Update and retrieving the data from the table 3. DCL– Data Control Language DCL is used to control the visibility of data like granting database access and set privileges to create table etc.
5. What are the Advantages of SQL
1. SQL is not a proprietary language used by specific database vendors. Almost every major DBMS supports SQL, so learning this one language will enable programmer to interact with any database like ORACLE, SQL ,MYSQL etc. 2. SQL is easy to learn. The statements are all made up of descriptive English words, and there aren't that many of them. 3. SQL is actually a very powerful language and by using its language elements you can perform very complex and sophisticated database operations.
6. what is a field in a database ?
A field is an area within a record reserved for a specific piece of data. Examples: Employee Name , Employee ID etc
7. What is a Record in a database ?
A record is the collection of values / fields of a specific entity: i.e. a Employee , Salary etc.
8. What is a Table in a database ?
A table is a collection of records of a specific type. For example, employee table , salary table etc.