25) What are the data providers in ADO.NET framework ?
- .NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server – For connecting .Net application with SQL Server. Namespace used for SQL Server Connectivity is System.Data.SqlClient namespace.
- Data Provider for SQL Server Compact 4.0 - For connecting .Net application with SQL Server Compact 4.0. Namespace used for SQL Server Compact 4.0 Connectivity is System.Data.SqlServerCe
- .NET Framework Data Provider for OLE DB – For connecting .Net application with data sources exposed by OLE. Namespace used for OLE DB Connectivity is System.Data.OleDb namespace.
- .NET Framework Data Provider for ODBC – For connecting .Net application with data sources exposed by ODBC. Namespace used for ODBC Connectivity is System.Data.Odbc namespace.
- .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle – For connecting .Net application with Oracle database 8.1.7 or later. Namespace used for oracle Connectivity is System.Data.OracleClient namespace.
- EntityClient Provider - For connecting .Net application with Entity Data Model (EDM) applications. Namespace used for EDM Connectivity is System.Data.EntityClient namespace
26) What is the difference between Command and CommandBuilder object ?
Command is used to execute all kind of SQL queries like data manipulation languages(DML) and Data definition language(DDL). DML operations are SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE. DDL operations are Create and drop tables. Command Builder object is used to build and execute DML queries like select, insert and delete table.
- ReadXml(Stream) – Uses System.IO.Stream to read XML schema and data into the DataSet
- ReadXml(String) – Reads XML data from the specified file.
- ReadXmlSchema() – Reads XML schema from the specified file.
- GetXml() – Get XML data in a Dataset as a single string.
- GetXmlSchema() – Get XSD Schema in a Dataset as a single string.
- WriteXml() – Writes the contents of Dataset to the specified file.
- WriteXmlSchema() – Writes XSD Schema into the specified file.
28) What are different layers of ADO.Net?
- Database Access Layer
- Business Logic Layer
- Presentation Layer
29) What is the difference between typed and untyped dataset ?
Typed datasets have associated schema file. Error checking will be done during design time with respect to schema. It also use explicit names and data types for their members. Untyped dataset uses table and column collections for their members. There wont be any error checking associated with Untyped Dataset, since they are populated at runtime.
30) Which object is used to add relationship between two Datatables ?
DataRelation object is used to add relationship between two or more datatable objects.
31) What are the parameters that control most of connection pooling behaviors ?
- Max Pool Size – Maximum size of connection pool
- Min Pool Size – Minimum no of connections that will be created in connection pool at application start up.
- Pooling – To set connection pooling to on or off.
- Connect Timeout – Wait period for new connection.
32) Explain the new features in ADO.NET Entity Framework 4.0.
New notable features in ADO.NET Entity Framework 4.0 are
- Persistence Ignorance - When an object is persisted in a persistent medium, the underlying details of the object are hidden or ignored
- Deferred or Lazy Loading - Allows entities to be loaded in to the memory after a delay. Set ContextOptions.LazyLoadingEnabled property to true to enable lazy loading.
- Self-Tracking Entities – To track changes made to entities.
- Model-First Development – Allows users to drive physical or logical model from the conceptual model
- Built-in Functions - Enables built-in and user defined SQL Server functions directly in queries.
- Model-Defined Functions - Enables the use of the conceptual schema definition language (CSDL).